i wasn’t tagged by anyone, obviously, since i don’t have any blog links, so i took the liberty of copying this set of questions and starting my solitary churning out of answers. note: i didn’t exactly give one book per question. i immensely enjoyed this little task.
1. One book that changed your life.
J.M. Barrie’s Peter Pan
I love the tone, i love the myth. i love the stories, the ironies, the place, the characterization, the haunting undertones.
2. One book you have read more than once.
Midnight’s Children – Heroes pales in comparison to this masterpiece
One Hundred Years of Solitude – here, the men and women are just ethereal
Stories of Eva Luna
3. One book you would want to bring to a deserted island.
Satanic Verses held by gael garcia bernal with no salvaged luggage
The Quick and the Dead held by a naked johnny depp
Sputnik Sweetheart held by You
4. One book that made you laugh.
Calvin and Hobbes. does it count? Hmm, Haroun and the Sea of Stories
A.A. Milne’s Pooh series
See, i don’t get to read happy books.
5. One book that made you cry.
Hands down: Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry and Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
6. One book you wish had been written.
This is hard… something about Ditas Carolino’s documentaries. Like a coffee table book on her trips, something to give to owners of the Philippines’ top 100 companies. There’d be sparse words, the photos would speak for themselves. And the book would be straightforward: “At the inside back cover of this book, you will find a list of NGOs and havens, along with options (online deposit, ATM transaction, snail mail, bank transaction) for you to send generous amount of donations, in massive kind or in cash. This act is called pagpapakatao.”
The Art of (Modern) War II by the same author
7. One book you wish had never been written.
Bob Ong’s books. Sorry guys, I just can’t dig his tone.
8. One book you are currently reading.
Corelli’s Mandolin by Louise Bernieres
9. One book you have been meaning to read.
10. Tag five people for this meme. I won’t be upset if you don’t do the meme. But I’ll be really happy if you do!
hmm.. You, Janelle, Adel, Voyeur A, Voyeur B